These saves reflect your resistance to mental influence as well as many magical effects. Apply your Wisdom modifier to your Will saving throws.
This save is vs spells like Charm Person, and also for effects like a dragons fear aura. If you fail this save you are generally out of the fight.
It is usually calculated by 1d20+Wisdom modifier+Class bonus
Ways to increase Will save
- Put your stat point from every 4th level into Wisdom
- Cast Owls Wisdom or similar spells
- Go into a Barbarians Rage
Items to increase Will save
- Cloak of resistance (DMG pg. 253)
- Vest of resistance (MIC pg. 147)
- Periapt of Wisdom (DMG pg. 263)
Classes and Prestige classes that help saves